Just like in any sport, life at Playgroundonline is a challenge. A challenge to always meet the discerning customers needs. A challenge to pre-empt the market’s requirements and create a powerful strategy to meet the same. And this challenge is what you need to accept to build your career at Playgroundonline.
Ranked among the top 20 e-commerce companies in India, Plagroundonline.com is a pioneer in establishing online e-commerce presence in the areas of sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories which is a fast growing category in the Indian market. Playgroundonline was the creation of professionals with a technology background (ex-Infosys, Wipro, ABB, Ketera) and with a strong passion for sport. Playgroundonline believes that there's a player in every one of us and the best way to celebrate that is to Go Play.
Playgroundonline is in the process of enhancing the customer base and expanding its operations to gain scale and national presence. Company is being funded by Blume Ventures and other angel investors, to meet company’s capital requirements and to drive expansion in the coming years.
We believe in honesty and openness. We are obsessed about our customers and believe in solving customer problems with technology and out of box thinking. We like people who are crazy about sports and wants to make a difference to sports in India. If you have any of them in you and
think you are ready to Play and be part of the team trying to revolutionize sports e-commerce in India, write to us about yourself and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Manager
Responsible for contributing to the overall B2B sales of the company reporting to the VP of B2B sales. Have to meet minimum specified customers daily to sell Sports equipment and sports related products to businesses. Customers include schools, colleges, Sports Academies, clubs and Corporates.
Education / Skills Requirements:
- Good sales person with customer focus
- Good written and communication skills
- Building sales pipeline based on business goals
- Closing sales and meeting targets
- Managing the client relationships with focus on repeat sales
- Sports enthusiast if not a sports person with good knowledge on sports related products
The Lead Engineer is responsible for architecting and implementing the company's efforts in developing an e-commerce website in the area of sports and fitness.
- Design and architect solutions for the website based on the requirements specified.
- Responsible for fixing any production related issues on the existing platform.
- Mentor junior Engineers; help, and guide them in development activities. Instil and follow software design and coding practices.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering (Computer Science preferable).
- At least 4-5 years of working and hands on experience with web based applications and strong application design & MVC architecture skills.
- Substantial experience in building large complex business applications
- Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- Experience with full life cycle development in .NET and MS SQL platform
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action. Ability to work in a start-up environment
Candidate will work under the guidence of our SEO lead to develop and manage all phases of a natural search engine
optimization campaign for our e-commerce website. This includes TITLE & META tagging, relevant content generation and link building. Ability to read & edit HTML, experience with PPC and
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other common programming languages are necessary.
- Working knowledge of Google analytics.
- Passion to learn about SEO and study all the latest ethical techniques.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills needed, while understanding advertising and marketing language.
- MS OFFICE, Excel skills required
- Prior SEO, SEM, and SMM experience is a huge plus.
- Work with Lead Engineer in developing state of the art e-commerce platform.
- Developing business functionality; maintain and enhance current e-commerce application in use.
- Work on any production related issues on the existing platform.
- Engineering degree (Computer Science preferable)
- Experience in developing web applications.
- At least 2 years of experience in .NET, ASP, MSSQL
Catalog & Content Manager
The Catalog & Content Manager will be responsible for all the product catalog and the content for the entire website.
- Overall ownership of the website catalog and the product content that goes into the website.
- Work with various partners to develop and maintain a high-quality online product catalog – including item descriptions, pricing, images,
related videos for use and accessible by consumers of our sports and fitness e-commerce website.
- Manage up-sell and cross-sell relationships within the product catalog to ensure accuracy and to drive incremental sales.
- Load all site creative assets in to the website's content management in order to ensure message and product consistency across the site.
- Identify any catalog gaps in the sports and fitness area and pro-actively work to close the gaps identified.
- Bachelors degree from a reputed college or University.
- 2 plus years related experience e-commerce and marketing, preferably with a consumer goods and/or sports & fitness products company or equivalent experience.
- Good writing skills in English.
- Sports enthusiast, if not a fanatic.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service function: Attending customer calls, following up on call resolution, proactive calls to customers, updating the system with call resolutions, weekly metrics reporting, online chat support.
Education / Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi (Ours is a pan-India e-commerce site)
- Knowledge of using computer, internet, MS office products like word and excel
- Prior experience in handling customer service function
- Smart and Organized in approach
- Graduate or an MBA