Just like in any sport, life at Playgroundonline is a challenge. A challenge to always meet the discerning customers needs. A challenge to pre-empt the market’s requirements and create a powerful strategy to meet the same. And this challenge is what you need to accept to build your career at Playgroundonline.
Ranked among the top 20 e-commerce companies in India, Plagroundonline.com is a pioneer in establishing online e-commerce presence in the areas of sporting equipment, apparel, footwear, and accessories which is a fast growing category in the Indian market. Playgroundonline was the creation of professionals with a technology background (ex-Infosys, Cisco, ABB, Ketera) and with a strong passion for sport. Playgroundonline believes that there's a player in every one of us and the best way to celebrate that is to Go Play.
Playgroundonline is in the process of enhancing the customer base and expanding its operations to gain scale and national presence. Company is being funded by a strategic investor, to meet company’s capital requirements and to drive expansion in the coming years.
We believe in honesty and openness. We are obsessed about our customers and believe in solving customer problems with technology and out of box thinking. If you have any of them in you and
think you are ready to Play and be part of the team trying to revolutionize e-commerce in India, write to us about yourself and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VP - Marketing
The Marketing Head is responsible for leading the company's efforts in developing the Indian market for sale of sports goods, apparel, footwear and fitness related services online, strategize corporate sales, build relevant partnership strategies, lead Sales, advertising and coordinate marketing aspects of all other related activities.
This is a significant opportunity to drive the company to the next level and play a vital role in building Playgroundonline’s unique concept in India. This person is going to be the “Core” member of the team which is going to define the DNA of the company.
- Market Insight & Marketing Strategy: Develop a thorough understanding of the Indian market for Playgroundonline’s products and use that knowledge in defining and developing marketing strategies (customer acquisition, retention, and cross-sell) in order to successfully generate customers and revenue for the business.
- Marketing Program Development & Execution: Define and execute marketing programs and promotions to raise awareness of product solutions and meet customer acquisition goals for online and direct sales. Coordinate with Playgroundonline’s other business partners to develop cross-sell and co-marketing programs. Define key success factors and performance metrics for marketing programs and analyze results accordingly. Develop marketing material to support product launches.
- Market Segmentation & Messaging: Based on knowledge of Playgroundonline’s customers and target market, work closely with Communication/Creative partners and Sales on identifying key prospects and channels, market-specific value propositions, key messages, and approach strategies.
The Marketing Head must have a proven track record in developing marketing and communications plans, executing marketing programs, and achieving aggressive business objectives. He/she will have around 5-8 years marketing experience with at least 2-3 years in online, advertising, technology or software marketing experience. The following criteria are most important:
- Demonstrated success in formulating and executing marketing programs, including forecasting, strategies and tactics. Specific experience launching customer acquisition and development programs. Should be extreme cost conscious.
- Thorough understanding of Indian markets across cultures strongly preferred.
- Expertise working with internal and external sales organizations.
- Prior experience working with a start-up company is a huge plus.
- Experience working with creative groups including creative brief development and creative review.
- Proven analytical ability. Must be savvy and passionate about numbers, market indicators and metrics, and must have experience and analytical skills to translate hard data into strategic plans including analyzing the effectiveness of marketing programs on key metrics (ROI, customer acquisition and retention).
- Excellent oral and written communications, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, to communicate rationale, and to identify and learn from mistakes and make necessary mid-course adjustments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster / manage relationships across departments
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Willingness to travel
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The company is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will have an opportunity to institutionalize the process and prepare the organization for the growth phase.
- Overall ownership of Finance, Accounting and taxation functions.
- Budget preparation and budgetary control.
- Coordinating the relationship with the Investor (planning, reporting etc.).
- Maintain, track, consolidate and report financial performance periodically.
- Adherence to corporate policies, controls & statutory requirements.
- Finalization of accounts .
- Managing taxes (Sales tax, Service tax, Professional tax, filing tax returns, coordinate tax audits).
- Streamline systems and process related to Finance, Accounting and Taxes.
- Track and implement policy changes in company systems.
- Should be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Experience: 5-8 years of relevant experience .
- Experience in handling systems and MIS.
- Exposure to Retail and/or E-commerce domain will be a plus.
Sr. Software Engineer
The Senior Engineer is responsible for solving the business problems of a very large scale e-commerce portal.
- Design and architect secure and scalable solutions for the website based on the high level business requirements specified.
- Mentor junior Engineers; help, and guide them in development activities. Instil and follow software design and coding practices. Responsible for fixing any production related issues on the existing platform.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering (Computer Science preferable).
- At least 3 years of working and hands on experience with web based applications and strong application design & MVC architecture skills.
- Substantial experience in building large complex business applications
- Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- Experience with full life cycle development in .Net and Ms SQL platform
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action. Ability to work in a start-up environment
Candidate must utilize his/her Internet experience to develop and manage all phases of a natural search engine
optimization campaign for our e-commerce website. This includes TITLE & META tagging, relevant content generation and link building. Ability to read & edit HTML, experience with PPC and
website analytics. The ideal candidate should have these skills plus the desire to continually expand their knowledge base on SEO.
- Solid experience implementing search engine optimization (SEO) programs including coding, content editing, link-building and SEO tools/technology skills.
- Work closely with colleagues to test different search engine marketing and web site design ideas to improve search engine optimization for the e-commerce website.
- Review and analyze website landing pages, identifying areas for improvement (both on-page & off-page) and implement them to improve SEO ranking.
- Develop SEO content to include strategic key phrase placement within compelling copy that maximizes opportunities for indexing, ranking, click-through, and conversion.
- Create original content while including necessary keywords, titles and descriptions to improve the performance of the web site.
- Responsible for implementing different strategies such as changing keywords, H1 tags, copy on web site and implementing editorial improvements and achieve desired targeted organic search positions.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other common programming languages are necessary.
- Working knowledge of Google analytics.
- 2-4 Years of web experience including experience in SEM / PPC campaign management of Google AdWords as well as Facebook and other social media.
- Passion to learn about SEO and study all the latest ethical techniques.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills needed, while understanding advertising and marketing language.
- MS OFFICE, Excel skills required
- Analytical thinker, quick learner, self motivated and ability to multi task.
- Prior SEO, SEM, and SMM experience required. If you have done prior SEO work, please submit examples of sites optimized with your resume.
- Passionate about sports, health & fitness category in general.
- Work with Senior Engineer in developing state of the art e-commerce platform.
- Developing business functionality; maintain and enhance current e-commerce application in use.
- Work on any production related issues on the existing platform.
- Engineering degree (Computer Science preferable)
- Experience in developing web applications.
- At least 2 years of experience in .NET, ASP, Ms SQL
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service function: Attending customer calls, following up on call resolution, proactive calls to customers, updating the system with call resolutions, weekly metrics reporting, online chat support.
Education / Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi (Ours is a pan-india e-commerce site)
- Knowledge of using computer, internet, MS office products like word and excel
- Prior experience in handling customer service function
- Smart and Organized in approach
- Graduate or an MBA